[aur-general] Orphaning request - chromium-beta and clamav-devel

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Sep 23 08:13:46 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:43:44 +0300
schrieb Det <nimetonmaili at gmail.com>:

> Please orphan:
> clamav-devel - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16460 and
> chromium-beta - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40059
> ..the maintainer hasn't updated the first one for over a year and the
> seccond one never - I used to update it as soon a new version came up
> but kept it orphaned in case an _active_ maintainer would like to
> adopt it.

Well, I'm not a TU, but have you tried to contacting the maintainer?

I only see a comment which you've written today in the AUR
comments. Did you send a private e-mail to the maintainer?

If not, please, do so. If yes, please, wait at least two or three weeks.

And you should only ask for orphaning if you really want to adopt and
maintain this package as you told the current maintainer to do so in
the AUR comments.

And, btw., I wouldn't call someone who flags a package as out-of-date
or whatever someone has done with these packages an idiot.

Heiko