[aur-general] AUR cleanup

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Fri Sep 24 16:04:35 EDT 2010

Am 22.09.2010 13:26, schrieb Jakob Gruber:
>  Here are some initial results from a recent dump of the DB:
>
> ----------------------
>
> 1) packages which are marked 'out of date' but the last action date [1] is < 2009
>
> http://pastebin.com/GVPYcvLC
>

> 2) maintainers with last action date across all owned packages < 2009
>
> http://pastebin.com/9ja2fXqY
>

> 3) packages owned by maintainers from the previous query
>
> http://pastebin.com/sWdEbrsS
>
> ----------------------
>
> Lists 1 and 3 overlap, so we have between 1000 and 1500 packages to check.
>
> I'd suggest waiting a week or 2 to give people a chance to look over these lists and raise objections. Afterwards we could either orphan these packages in the DB itself (if our admins agree) or start going through these packages manually.
>
> Any ideas? Objections?
>
> schuay
>

> [1] last action date is either the date of the last modification, or if a package has never been modified the date of submission

Hello,

I wrote the first PKGBUILDs for the englab packages mentioned in http://pastebin.com/GVPYcvLC.
I handed them over to the maintainer Verminoz because he was (is?) in contact with the
upstream project. The project has its own pacman-repositories (e.g.
http://englab.bugfest.net/arch/x86_64/) for the englab packages. The PKGBUILDS are also
available from their sourceforge project file area.

I am quite sure that englab-cimg and englab-plot can be removed (older duplicates of
libenglab-cimg resp.libenglab-plot). The documentation (package englab-doc) maybe should
be removed, because it is only one file and can be downloaded from sourceforge easily.

Not sure about the other plugins, which do not have a counterpart with prefix "lib"
(englab-matrix, englab-special-functions). Are they still valid? Have they been replaced?

Hope this clarifies some issues.

Stefan