[aur-general] TU Application - Seblu

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Sun Jan 16 15:37:13 EST 2011

Hello,

Tonight I decided to propose me as TU.  My sponsor is Peter Lewis.

My name is Sebastien Lutttringer, i'm a 26 years old french system and
network engineer who lives in Paris.
I'm gradued from EPITA a french computer school and i work in a
private company for 4 years.

My day to day job is done on Linux Debian and 99% of our servers are
on Debian. We work mainly with open technologies and we love
challenges with technology that we control/understand.

As far as i recall, my first meet with linux, was in 2001/2002 (i
don't remember exactly)
with slackware and later with debian woody, it was just some test (not
my main system)
In 2005, i choose my grad school, in another for its hard Unix spirit.
I wanted to become a unix power user. So, 2005 was my switching year
to linux.
I tested some distro and i choose debian as desktop station. In 2007,
i changed my main distro to gentoo until 2010 (and my new laptop)
where i switched to Arch.

I never really took the time to get involved to my distro and since a
long time i
want it. Arch philosophy and simplicity, remember me slackware and
makes me want to take the plunge.

Regarding my skills I use a lot of linux technology in my work to
design solutions to our problems (network operator, file transfer
platform, streaming/cdn) or to maintain our critical systems.
I also have skill in coding in C/C++, Python, Perl, lua, php, shell
and some others.

Regarding to arch, i maintain packages in AUR and fill bug report. I
also plan to propose some patch in some times.

As a TU, i would start by maintaining packages i use and which are not
in community. To start i think to:
arptables
awesome
conntrack-tools
ebtables
ferm
fstrim
lsscsi
mtr-cli
nload
opera
scsiadd
ulogd
vconfig

After, I hope have enough time to more contribute to the distro and
perhaps become a dev. Maybe working on pacman i've some ideas of
improvment.

Regards,

--
Sébastien Luttringer