[aur-general] Putting android development packages into [community]

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Thu Jun 9 16:19:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm playing with the idea of pulling the android packages into
[community]. They seem to be in strong demand but so far their
maintenance track in AUR has been fairly inconsistent.

I'd like opinions on this because they have a rather large amount of
votes. There have been license concerns about this endeavor but I think
they are unfounded as all Android stuff (not including externals) is
Apache license and thus ok to redistribute.
Also, I'd like to know whether anybody thinks that instead of just
repackaging the binaries, building from source would be preferable.

-- Sven-Hendrik