[aur-general] Delete request

cantabile cantabile.desu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 04:21:31 EDT 2011

On 06/10/2011 05:56 PM, jwbirdsong wrote:
> With a heavy heart (and mixed emotions) i request deletion of my pkg
> luakit-git.  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39516
>
> W/ recent addition of luakit to community; Mason(developer) wishes we
> archers to use only community and/or luakit-develop-git so he is
> discontinue git branch for our luakit-git.
What? My copy of the luakit-git package (which is now gone from the aur
 >.< ) pulls from git://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit.git
Your package luakit-develop-git [1] pulls from
git://github.com/mason-larobina/luakit.git. So which branch is going to
be discontinued? :whistle:

The two packages don't look substantially different, so why delete this
one and not the other? What does [1] have that the now-defunct
luakit-git didn't?

P.S. It's possible that my copy of luakit-git was a bit old and the more
recent versions pulled from a different repo, in which case please
ignore this message.
--
cantabile

"Jayne is a girl's name." -- River