[aur-general] AUR cleanup

郑文辉 techlivezheng at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:30:31 EST 2011

在 2011-11-8 上午3:09,"Stefan Wilkens" <stefanwilkens at gmail.com>写道:

> 2011/11/7 Nicola Bignami <nicola at kernel-panic.dnsdojo.net>:
> > I see that there are more than 6700 orphan packages. Of those, more than
> > 2400 are also flagged out of date (some packages have not been updated
> since
> > 2007).
> > Many packages are only waiting for a new maintainer but I think that many
> > are only waiting to be scrapped as they're already been replaced by some
> > other package in the AUR or in the community repository (or just become
> > obsolete).
> >
> > I'm wondering if the time has come to look into them to find out what
> worth
> > to keep and what have to be removed and thus do some cleanup.
> >
> > If can be useful, I can start working on it.
> >

> Keeping the user repository clean and up-to-date sounds very KISS and
> Arch to me, but some criteria should be stated. Many packages that
> depend on python v2, for instance, are simply broken because they were
> not properly updated to reflect repository changes [1]. The goal with
> these packages should likely be to adapt the build, not consider them
> broken.
>
> Perhaps create a page on the wiki so that this work can be shared with
> others in the community. Such a page might also allow us to have a
> nice final list that can be fed to the nearest TU in one go, rather
> than a flood of deletion requests.
>
> Should you initiate this, I would surely help out. Who knows what fun
> software one might run into :)
>
> [1] http://www.archlinux.org/news/python-is-now-python-3/

Maybe we should have some category system to help manage the PKGBUILDs in
AUR.We can tag them by "package whith third-party patch" , "CVS package"
,"SVN package","GIT package","nightly builds","Beta version","need
review","need to be dropped" and so on.Let the community vote for each tag
to produce a squence of some tag ie. "need to be dropped" to let the TUs
working on.