[aur-general] Orphaning a 1000 packages

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Nov 21 04:03:20 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 21:57, Justin Davis <jrcd83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> I'm the current maintainer of ArchHaskell and within the small team
>> we've reached the decision to drop support for the huge set of package
>> owned by the user arch-haskell on AUR.
>>
>> Currently we maintain 300+ binary packages, and we'd like to keep them
>> on AUR.  All others should be orphaned (or removed).  Doing that
>> manually would be painful to say the least, are there any tools that
>> assist with mass-orphaning?
>>
>> /M
>>
>> --
>> Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
>> email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org
>> twitter: magthe               http://therning.org/magnus
>>
>> Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
>> millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
>> integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
>>     -- Alan Kay
>>

> It might churn your stomach ;-) but you could use my WWW::AUR perl
> module set ...
>
> use WWW::AUR::Login;
> my $u = WWW::AUR::Login->new('arch-haskell', 'password');
> for my $p ($u->packages) {
>    $u->disown($p);
> }
>
> You'd need the perl-www-aur package installed:

Well, I got tired of waiting for others to do my bidding, so I decided
to try to get it done myself instead... and perl doesn't churn my
stomach, even though I do my best to avoid it for aesthetic reasons ;)

I installled that package of yours, and found that I need
perl-lwp-protocol-https (available in [extra]) in order to log in.
It's a bit slow, but it seems to work nicely. Thanks for the tip!

/M

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org