[aur-general] Orphan request: google-earth & delete request: google-earth-deb

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:21:17 EST 2011

Hey,

So the story is that, since '458italia' (the maintainer of
'google-earth' [1]) has been unresponsive for over a month another
maintainer called 'kiodo1981' decided to almost 3 weeks ago to create an
updated Google Earth package of his own, 'google-earth-deb' [2]. The
problem is that this is not the right way to do things and the PKGBUILD
has some serious errors.

I talked with kiodo1981 and my current stance is that I'd like to take
over 'google-earth' (to begin with). And after I've combined the two
PKGBUILDs (meaning: replaced the source URL with the other package's
url) and maintained it for a while, I'd be willing to let kiodo1981 take
over. I just want to make sure that he's ready for it (and that I get
the most voted packages in the AUR).

So, again, this is what I'm requesting:
Orphan: google-earth - [1]=https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15270
Remove: google-earth-deb -