[aur-general] PKGBUILD review request

Jesse Juhani Jaara jesse.jaara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:00:00 EDT 2012

ma, 2012-04-30 kello 14:40 +0200, Bernhard D kirjoitti:
> I attached the file I got from "makepkg --source" to my first message,
> but it seems that it had been dropped. Are attachments allowed?
No attachments are removed. Paste the PKGBUILD and .install file to some
pastebin service. (Don't use pastebin.com!) Also Please do not top post,
write your answer under the original message.

> I split packaging for modules and firmware and patched
> the sources to install the modules to /lib/modules/kernelversion/updates
That is a wring directory. Out-of-tree modules go to
/lib/modules/extramodules-$KERNEL_VERSION

> Are the files under /lib/firmware/updates found and do they have
> precedence?
I am not completely sure about this but, I am quite positive that it
doesn't matter in what directory the file is, as long it is in the
firmware directory. I myself would use /lib/firmware/tbs/ directory.

> > - Is "depmod -a" after install, upgrade and removal the right approach
> > to rebuild the module dependencies?
post_install()
post_upgrade()
and post_remove()
are needed as far as I understand
See the install file for vhba-module as reference
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/vhba-module.install?h=packages/vhba-module