[aur-general] Looking for a sponsor

Felix Yan felixonmars at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:40:53 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm interested in becoming a TU.

I used Arch only for one year and a half but 4 for Linux (Ubuntu before). I
submitted my first package by the end of last year, and maintain more and
more during the last a few months. I am eager to maintain packages that
loved and needed by Chinese users as I am one too, such as input
methods(fcitx-*, ibus-*, sunpinyin, libpinyin, etc), internet supplicant in
Chinese universities(mentohust/ruijieclient), chat tools qq
related(linuxqq, webqq, libqq*, etc) and popular proxy tools (sshuttle,
goagent, etc). And I am also a python programmer and maintaining more than
20 python libraries I use for now. I am also active in reporting and
following issues upstream, such as pidgin-lwqq [1].

As I looked after more and more packages on AUR I found many users not so
convenient to install so many packages in AUR, so I joined archlinuxcn's
community repository project [2] to provide popular packages in binary. But
this is not good for user to involve in (such as flag out-of-date, report
bugs, etc).

I am also an IT manager in work, and maintaining several Arch servers.

Some more info about me: 21, male, Wuhan in China, working in a startup,
not very good at C and English.

My AUR packages: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=felixonmars

And my stackoverflow careers if interested:
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/felixonmars

[1] https://github.com/xiehuc/pidgin-lwqq/issues?page=1&state=closed
 (Chinese)

[2] https://bbs.archlinuxcn.org/viewtopic.php?id=798 (Chinese)