[aur-general] reinstalling properly an AUR app

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 12:51:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to reinstall an AUR app, Texstudio. This app was working
perfectly before I did yesterday a huge upgrade.
I understand I must rebuilt the app with the new libpoppler-qt. I built
it fine with "makepkg -i", but can't install as I get errors about files
already in my filesystem (in fact all Texstudio files).
When I installed first time Texstudio, I built it from source and I did
not a clean install, as pacman -Q doesn't return the app in the list.

How can I deal with this issue? Is there any way to force the install ?
Should I uninstall first Texstudio, and how? Can I just deleted all
existing files (mainly /usr/bin/texstudio, usr/share/texstudio directory
and /usr/share/applications/texstudio.desktop)? I tried by renaming them
to .bck, but there is still a problem with the desktop file.

TY for any help.