[aur-general] xf86-input-egalax clean up request

Padfoot padfoot at exemail.com.au
Fri May 11 04:03:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have recently taken up maintenance of the orphaned package
xf86-input-egalax https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35045
This package will replace the package xf86-input-egalax-linux3
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55050 to provide a more
standard package name.

Can we please merge xf86-input-egalax-linux3 into xf86-input-egalax?

I also notice there are 2 other orphaned packages which provide the same
functionality. They are both out of date, orphaned and no longer build.
Can these be deleted please?
touchkit: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=18766
xf86-input-egalax-beta: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=43641

There is a 3rd out of date package which no longer builds, but is not
orphaned. It has not been updated since 23 June 2010
xf86-input-egalax-xorg18: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38300
Do I need to contact this maintainer first before requesting the package
to be deleted?

Thanks. Lachlan.