[aur-general] Consolidation of ALAC

speps speps at gmx.com
Tue May 29 20:43:02 EDT 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:25:48 -0400
SJ_UnderWater <webmaster0007 at rcn.com> wrote:

> After adopting alacconvert and libalac, I decided that they should be handled as one (split) pkg, so if someone could please merge:
> alacconvert: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53497
> libalac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53480
>
> into
> alac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59613

It sounds reasonable, btw you may better upload an alac-svn package
instead, since there is still no release and your package actually
uses svn.

Also using a split package is probably not strictly necessary.
A single alac (that provides both libalac and alacconvert) would be
sufficient, since it will not result a big one and upstream does not
split or suggest to split.

Otherwise, if in future upstream will provide two separate source tarball for
releases, splitting again will be necessary.

So, please re-upload a new alac-svn (that provides alac, libalac{,-svn} and
alacconvert{,-svn}), and I'll proceed by deleting alac and merging libalac
and alacconvert into alac-svn.

Thanks

- speps -