[aur-general] No confirmation link received

Menachem Moystoviz moystovi at g.jct.ac.il
Wed Sep 19 18:03:27 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Sandro Munda <munda.sandro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2012 5:49 PM, "Evangelos Foutras" <evangelos at foutrelis.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Evangelos Foutras
>> <evangelos at foutrelis.com> wrote:

>> > You can always register for a new account. :)
>>
>> A new AUR account I meant.
>
> Yes but not with the seyz username. It's a pity anyway. Thanks

Couldn't you register kuppidon at gmail.com with gmail, and then try
using the reset password form?
It should cause the password reset email to be sent to the new account
- allowing you to use seyz as your username.

Of course, I'm assuming you're legit, since this attack vector is also
used in cracking attempts in order to enter into old
accounts - which can allow for social privilege escalation.

HTH,
Gesh