[pacman-dev] FS#6316: Pacman 3 release bugcatcher

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 18:46:27 EST 2007

On 2/9/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The following task has a new comment added:
> >
> > FS#6316 - Pacman 3 release bugcatcher
> > User who did this: - Roman Kyrylych (Romashka)
> >
> > ----------
> > I added Total Download Size feature request because it can be
> > implemented along with other output fixes/changes.
> > ----------
> >
> > More information can be found at the following URL:
> > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6316#comment14228
>
> Roman, the problem with this is it truely is a feature request- it may
> not be that easy to add at this point in the development cycle. I
> believe when the other sizes are presented, we have done nothing yet
> to see if those packages are cached or not, so thus do not know the
> actual download size. It may have to wait for pacman 3.1.

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing - the makepkg changes are real
minor script changes (i.e. changing "-R" to "-Rs"), whereas the total
download FR is more... I don't want to say difficult, but longer, and
slightly more error prone.

It's doable, but I think it might add too much development time right now.