[pacman-dev] [translation] String freeze for pacman 3.1.1 release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:25:13 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 6:04 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xavier wrote:
> > Dan McGee wrote:
> >> We've weeded out a handful of bugs and issues since 3.1.0, so it is
> >> time to call for a string freeze for 3.1.1.
> >>

> > Obviously, I only notice string problems AFTER the string freeze,
> > because I look at the french translation only now.
> >
> > There is a "--" string coming from makepkg.sh.in , line 1184.
> > And in pacman/callback.c , line 288 :
> > "Replacing %s with %s/%s\n
> > ."
> >
> > There is a dot after the newline.
>
> Anyway, that shouldn't be a big problem. The -- string can be translated
> to --, and the second message should be pretty rare (a replacement needs
> to occur during a -Su --noconfirm operation).

Cool. It looks like that -- is from a misinterpretation of the gettext
msg* program, which is no big deal (but did the other message make it
in there?). It doesn't look like it did, unfortunately.

Keep that other message in mind and we can do one of two things- I'll
sed all the translations right before we release (probably best) or
I'll patch it immediately following 3.1.1.

-Dan