[pacman-dev] 3.2 "RC" release

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:30:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rebuilt pacman-git tonight with the latest head commit from the GIT repo:
>
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~dan/pacman-git/
>
> If anyone notices anything wrong, speak soon. This should be 3.2.0 if
> nothing comes up, minus the version number bumping.

Just noticed one harmless annoyance caused by my SyncFirst patch, but
this is a corner case, and really not worth worrying about.
I am just mentioning it for the sake of it...

$ sudo pacman -Su
warning: pacman-git: local (20080730-1) is newer than pacman-git (20080729-1)
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: pacman-git: local (20080730-1) is newer than pacman-git (20080729-1)
 local database is up to date

I installed pacman-git from your repo, then added it to SyncFirst,
then upgraded it locally.
This message is displayed by _alpm_pkg_compare_versions, so it will be
run one first time for the SyncFirst code (used in every -S and -Su
operations), then a second time for the -Su code.
So this only happens when you have a package in SyncFirst with a local
version newer than the repo one. This should be very rare, and then it
is just one warning message. So no big deal. And I did not see a very
easy quick fix anyway...