[pacman-dev] Little hello and pyalpmm announcement

Markus Meissner markus at evigo.net
Sat Aug 22 10:45:14 EDT 2009

Hello pacman-dev list members,

I'm the developer (meissna) behind the python libalpm wrapper: pyalpmm
You can find more information in this thread (1st post):
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=60711&p=1

As a very short abstract: pyalpmm implements a thin very high level
wrapper around the alpm library written in python.

One of the main goals in the medium term are a transparent regular repos
and aur support ... (like mixing aur and repo packaged in -S)
Several steps are taken towards this goal, like building (mmacman -BI
some_repo_or_aur_pkg) supports both transparently,
searching ( mmacman -Ss query) also supports both: regular repos and
aur. The next step is already the "-S functionality" milestone,
which needs proper AUR pkg dependency resolution - this is in
construction, or maybe "conception" ;)

And, dunno if this is usual, but one line about me personally:
My name is Markus Meissner, living and studying in Germany/Frankfurt -
right now I'm in Munich for my graduation and I'm 25years old...

So, hi all!

Greets
Markus