[pacman-dev] apt-get style information for users in pacman

Bhargav Prasanna bhargavprasanna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:32:46 EST 2009

Hi,

Lets say you are downloading a package with x dependencies. i.e. x+1
packages in all:

Pacman tells you that you have x+1 targets. But if x+1 is a large
number, which is usually the case when the system is being set up or
updated, the user loses track of the number of packages that have been
downloaded and the number remaining a short while after the downloads
commence.

Debian's apt-get has a really good feature. If the nth package
(n<=x+1) is being downloaded, you'll see that in every line: "[n/x+1]"
which tells you how many you've downloaded and how many you are yet to
is present. This will help the user keep track. =)

If someone can guide me here, I guess we can add this feature to pacman

--
Bhargav Prasanna
http://muftmukt.wordpress.com/