[pacman-dev] [patch] makepkg: update checksums (was: add checksums and resume)

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:59:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even better would be to replace the standard and easy checksums in
>> place , and just append the others at the end of the pkgbuild.
>>

> Ahh I see. In that case what we need is an edit which won't touch the
> unsupported areas. But that would mean being able to somehow check for their
> existence. Maybe Allan can take a look at that.

That's not what I meant.
I don't care much what happens with complex md5sums line, as long as
ONLY the md5sums line are lost or broken and not the whole pkgbuild.

It is amazing how many messages we exchanged (like 20 between here and
the bug comments) for a completely null progress.

I presented 3 technical problems :
1) sed -ne '1h;1!H;${;g;s/md5sums=([^)]*)/'$(makepkg -g
2>/dev/null)'/g;p;}' PKGBUILD
sed: -e expression #1, char 73: unterminated `s' command
2) sed "/md5sums=([^)]*)/d"
->  broken in some case
3) { rm PKGBUILD; awk '$0 ~ /^md5sums/ {i = 1; system("makepkg -g
2>/dev/null")}; !i {print}; $0 ~ /\)/ {i = 0}' > PKGBUILD; } <
PKGBUILD
-> cannot call an internal makepkg bash function (e.g: generate_checksums md5)

If you have nothing to contribute and no alternative to propose, no
need to write books about it :)
We just won't implement the feature request, that's all.