[pacman-dev] translation of manual pages

Laszlo Papp djszapi at archlinux.us
Wed Sep 16 18:03:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Matthias Gorissen <matthias at archlinux.de>wrote:

> Previous discussions of this always ended with something like "Oh, we love
> what you are doing there - just go on and make it a community project."
>
> Which you should do - who cares about being official? If people like it,
> they
> will use it. My own project (German man pages, community-based, half a
> dozen
> of translators) is unfortunatedly sleeping ATM, even though it just needs
> be tidied up.
>
> The current excuse is that we are working on the Official Install-Guide
> right
> now. The was a call for translations at [arch-releng] last months with
> detailed instructions:
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2009-August/000656.html
>
> This could become part of the next iso-release within a few months. Perhaps
> you would like to work on that first, too.
>

> Am Wednesday 16 September 2009 08:03:35 schrieb Laszlo Papp:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Is translation of manual pages supported in pacman development ? I ask
> > this, because I don't see any man pages apart from English.
> >
> > The french translation can be seen here e.g.:
> > http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11180
> >
> > I would deal with the hungarian manpages in the future, if you support it
> > :)
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Laszlo Papp

Hello Mathias!

Thanks the feedback. I don't see difference between manual page translations
and that which are available now in the 'po' folders. I think it can occur
anytime so that a translator/maintainer/developer doesn't have time for
their hobby work in any momment, so i don't think it's a real point in this
matter, or a good decision not to take his/her hardwork into official way.

Anyway, If I have time for it, i will follow the french-sampled, unsupported
way :) Thanks

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp