[pacman-dev] implement .so dependencies?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 24 22:34:06 EST 2010

On 14/02/10 21:27, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 02/10/2010 07:02 PM, Florian Pritz wrote:
>> On 02/10/2010 07:08 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
>>> provides=(foobar libfoo.so)
>>>
>>> would result in
>>>
>>> provides = foobar
>>> provides = libfoo.so=6-x86_64   (does that order look right...?)
>>>
>>> in the .PKGINFO file.
>>>
>>> I am fairly sure that pacman can handle two packages providing different
>>> versions of libfoo.so but that needs checked.
>> I did a quick test and it seems to work.
>>
> The attached two patches should fit.

I have had a quick look at these today and there are still a couple of
things I would like to address.  but they are getting much closer to
what I think they need to be.

I have put them on a "sodeps" branch of my pacman repo so they do not
get lost and they will consistently remind me to take a decent look at
them...

Allan