[pacman-dev] pacman-translators list

Matthias Gorissen matthias at archlinux.de
Thu Jul 8 02:11:21 EDT 2010

  Am 08.07.2010 06:58, schrieb Dan McGee:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 11:34 PM, 甘露(Gan Lu)<rhythm.gan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Ananda Samaddar<ananda at samaddar.co.uk>  wrote:

>>> A general translators list might be better I think for example
>>> arch-translators or arch-l18n, so translators can focus on localisation
>>> efforts for all Arch packages.
>> Could be better, but how many people here are interested in
>> translation, or how much we can contribute our little translation
>> effort to Arch or the upstream.
> More appropriate would probably to just use arch-announce when looking
> for new translations.
>
> Until we have several projects needing translating, in which case we
> will probably just do them all through something like transifex, this
> seems a bit overkill.
>
> -Dan

I agree, that would be overkill - unless we decide to go all the way and
i18n the installer, man-pages etc.

Instead, we should make it a habit to notify the last translators with a
personal message when updates are due. That's still a group of >20
people, and can easily be done. I (try to) read the list anyway, so I
can volunteer to do that.

--- Matt