[pacman-dev] Groups. Again.

Xavier chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 11:45:38 EDT 2010

Hi list

Jakob and I have been going back and forth about where groups handlings should
be, in backend or frontend, and how alpm interface should look like.

It turns out Jakob has several arguments for the group backend solution, and he
spent quite some time working on it, improving and fixing things.
This solution fixes several flaws that pacman currently has without drastically
changing the code.

There are just two disappointing aspects that Jakob covered below in bad news.

Also there are still some points I would like to see improved, but more
aesthetic than real issues, so low priority. I was going to cover them here, but
this will just confuse things and would deserve its own topic/discussion.