[pacman-dev] [pyalpm] released version 0.2

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:09:55 EDT 2011

Hello,

pyalpm version 0.2 is available at
  ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/pyalpm/pyalpm-0.2.tar.gz

There is also a PKGBUILD on AUR. I have not really wrapped more
libalpm functions, but I have begun writing a clone of pacman in
Python. The goal is multiple:

* have Python modules giving access to pacman functionalities which
are not strictly in libalpm (like configuration via pacman.conf)
* have an easy way to test the bindings more extensively
* provide material allowing to hack quickly a pacman variant
* see how the use of another language affects pacman's code
* have fun

For the moment, it is in a very early stage and only gives access to
simple database lookup functions. The script is called pycman and
supports options -Q[ilq], -S[iglq], -T.

pycman/pyalpm works with Python 3.2 (needed for argparse module) and
libalpm from pacman 3.5 (the current targeted API).

--
Rémy.