[pacman-dev] sodeps: makepkg patches

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 03:06:09 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the feeling this has been hashed/rehashed/blended before, but
> why aren't we just doing something like:
>
>    provides=('myenv')
>    libprovides=('libx.so' 'liby.so')
>
> To me, this seems a lot clearer and alleviates the black magic
> concerns of changing depends/provides arrays on the fly.

I got confused by 'myenv', its supposed to be a normal provision like 'cron' ?

Anyway libprovides sounds fine to me, but the question is where do we
propagate this distinction, because there is no difference for pacman.
Should there also be a libprovides in PKGINFO and %LIBPROVIDES% in db,
and pacman will just read these two and merge them with provides ?
Or can they both be merged at the PKGINFO level ?