[pacman-dev] should we show maintainer info in pacman -Qi / -Si ?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Feb 13 05:22:54 EST 2011

with pacman -Qi or pacman -Si we show the person who packaged it, but not the maintainer.
This makes it harder to get in touch with the right person then it should be.
Often I will start talking to the packager (or assign a ticket to him), only to have that person to tell me "hey, i'm just the guy who packaged it, you should really talk to $foo"

Shouldn't we put the maintainer also in the pacman output?

Dieter