[pacman-dev] Removing empty directories

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Feb 26 19:37:48 EST 2011

I just noticed this:

 > pacman -Qk | grep "^warning"
warning: filesystem: /opt/ (No such file or directory)
warning: hal: /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty/ (No such file
or directory)
warning: hal-info: /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/20thirdparty/ (No such
file or directory)
warning: hicolor-icon-theme: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/ (No
such file or directory)
warning: network-manager-applet: /etc/gconf/schemas/ (No such file or
directory)

All these directories are empty in their package.  They appear to have
been removed when I uninstalled a different package that had files in
that directory.

Maybe we need some more checking before removing an empty directory.

Allan