[pacman-dev] Plurals

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 7 16:08:03 EST 2011

On 08/03/11 07:00, Nagy Gabor wrote:
>> Yes, this is correct (both sentence).
>>
>> For testing the non-plural case, pick a sync package which is not
>> installed on your system (some KDE stuff, for example), and put one of
>> its (pulled) depends to IgnorePkg. For example, "sudo pacman -S gimp
>> --ignore libwmf" is good for testing here, and I should see the
>> non-plural form (but I can see the plural form).
>>
>> NG
>
> Wait, I should have tested with LANG=C first. :-) That is also wrong, so
> probably there is a bug in the source code...

Just because this took me a whileto figure out what was going on, here
is some actual output...

 > pacman -S gimp --ignore libwmf
resolving dependencies...
warning: ignoring package libwmf-0.2.8.4-8
warning: cannot resolve "libwmf", a dependency of "gimp"
:: The following packages cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable
dependencies:
       gimp

Do you want to skip the above packages for this upgrade? [y/N] y
looking for inter-conflicts...
  there is nothing to do

Note "packages" in two messages there.

Allan