[arch-dev-public] Updating base /etc files

James iphitus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 05:24:11 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/4/4, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> > > just remember, can't move /etc/rc.d/functions to there, as some people
> > > have /usr/ on another partition.
> >
> > Yes, I am aware.  That's why those functions are not included there.
> > The functions in this file are for scripts like: makepkg, srcpac, etc
> > etc - any bash script we have that needs output, so we get a unified
> > "feel" to our scripts.
>
> Why not just merge it with /etc/rc.d/functions and use common scheme
> for makepkg/etc scripts and initscripts?
>
> Cosmetical note: IMHO "==> " is too big and not very good-looking
> prefix. I'd like ":: " or ">> " more.

Another cosmetic thing.... make it /usr/lib/arch (no linux), just to
be generic, and possibly drop it to /lib.... I don't see any harm in
it being there.

i hope to further seperate the networking core out of the networking
scripts so it contains sourceable functions that any script can use.
Currently it's seperate, but because of issues in bash, it isnt
sourceable. This could also be included in /lib/arch.

James

--
iphitus // Arch Developer // kernel26beyond // iphitus.loudas.com