[arch-dev-public] [pacman-dev] Adding new users/groups

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:15:45 EDT 2007

On 4/7/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 03:19:44PM -0400, Dan McGee wrote:
> > >
> > > Developers have such list.
> > > Why do you need this and why ask on pacman-dev? ;)
> >
> > The better question- why is this not a public list?
> >
> > -Dan
>
> It was supposed to be turned into a public list a while ago (to share with
> the TUs).  That just never happened.
>
> Jason

Devs,

I put this list up so we can expose some of this stuff to the public:
<http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/UID_and_GID_List>

Please, if you have a chance and have packages that create their own
users or groups, look it over and make the necessary changes or
additions. This was just copied from the developers wiki without any
fact checking.

If anyone wants to forward this on to the TU list, feel free, I'm not
a member of it so my mails get stuck in the queue.

-Dan