[arch-dev-public] Repository rebuilding

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Aug 9 16:51:29 EDT 2007

i'm not sure if makeworld now works with makepkg3.x - Dan/Aaron, how is
the state? and can it handle the whole distribution? maybe we should
add makedistro to autoincrease the pkgrel and filtering packages that
won't compile.

well we should have the possibility to rebuild the whole distribution
whenever we want. every other distribution does it for their
"releases". we should also have the option to make afford of new
features and optimisations the toolchain gives us.

but i see big traffic problems for our mirrors and non
flatrate users coming. that's one downside of a rolling release.

Andy