[arch-dev-public] License cleanup

Travis Willard travis at archlinux.org
Mon Aug 20 23:17:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 18:05:52 -0400
"Dan McGee" <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patch should fail on a file-by-file basis, so it shouldn't be all that
> bad of a result. And just make sure you check the diff before you
> commit.
>
> -Dan

Well, I made use of the patch in unstable, and finished off all
packages in that repo tonight.  In fact, I even cleaned out some files
that were no longer necessary on top of everything.

So, current status:

[extra] rougly 1100 invalid or missing licenses found by my script
[community] rougly 430 invalid or missing licenses
[unstable] complete - no invalid or missing licenses

Script attached to the email again if anyone wants to use it.  I'm
finding it particularily handy - and I updated it to check for custom
licenses where the PKGBUILD doesn't reference usr/share/licenses -
should weed out some incorrect custom licenses too.

--
Travis