[arch-dev-public] rc-kernels for x86_64

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sat Jun 30 07:57:21 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 11:30 +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> > I built 2.6.22-rc5 and modules for x86_64. I used the same PKGBUILDs
> > that tpowa used and built all modules that he has in his repos (except
> > the ones that are not available in arch64 repos, like fcpci and ltmodem
> > those won't build anyway).
>
> Just added a new version to the rc repo. I has microcode updates enabled
> now. It is actually rc6, but because of a lack of time, I didn't want to
> rebuild all modules, so it still says 2.6.22-rc5-ARCH.
>
> There is also a new iwlwifi and a new iwlwifi-ucode, maybe I'll add it
> later.

Hmm, next time, when building these RC series, I would suggest to do the
same as we're doing with the final kernels: just name them 2.6.22-ARCH,
or if you insist, keep it 2.6.22rc-ARCH or something like that. Just
omit the version of the RC, pacman knows about it, and given the fact
that release candidates are in freeze period, there won't be big
internal changes that make modules incompatible with a next RC version.