[arch-dev-public] First list of removal candidates

Fri Nov 2 14:38:17 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:

> On 11/1/07, Eric Belanger <belanger at astro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Just a reminder:
>> This weekend, I intend to start cleaning up the packages
>> in the list I submitted in this thread
>> ( http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2007-October/002679.html )
>> except the following ones which we decided to keep:
>> libggz
>> mt-st
>> neverball
>> pdns-ldap
>> pdns-mysql
>> pdns-pgsql
>> ksymoops
>> makedev
>> gnome-system-tools (in unstable)
>>
>> You still have 1-2 days to go over the list and to contest the removal
>> of a given package, if you didn't had time to do so yet.
>
> Does the "keepers" list include those that people snagged? I grabbed
> acpi from the list.

This week-end cleanup will only be of package on the sublist that I
submitted to inspection/discussion on this ML.  The other packages on the
global wiki list (like the packages Damir discussed) will be considered
for possible removal in the next week or so.  The above keepers are
packages that were on the sublist and for which a dev showed interest in
adopting or keeping.   Before removing anything, I'll check if someone has
adopted it since I made the list of orphans. Therefore, any package that
has a maintainer is automatically a keeper.

believed to be clean.