[arch-dev-public] Request for help: 32bit chroot handling in makechrootpkg

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:24:15 EDT 2008

So I looked at this for about 5 minutes... and broke things.

I have a 32bit chroot on my 64bit box, but cannot seem to work a call
to "linux32" in properly. I am hoping that someone with more
experience could look into this.

I do know that "linux32 chroot /var/archroot32 /bin/bash" works
find... but doing the same thing (linux32 chroot <path> <script>) in
makechrootpkg tosses some ELIBBAD at me...

So I gave up. If someone would mind giving me a hand, that'd be great.
It would give the 64bit build machine the opportunity to work for i686
as well (for those out there with only 64bit hardware).

Thanks in advance,
Aaron