[arch-dev-public] two patches for rc.d/network

James Rayner iphitus at iphitus.org
Mon Jul 14 08:15:09 EDT 2008

1)  0001-add-some-useful-error-messages-to-wireless-code.patch
Makes the wireless code in rc.d/network output some useful errors and
a tad more robust, rather than failing and giving no useful error at
all.

Not tested yet, I don't have an insecure or WEP network to try it on,
and the family won't be impressed if I start messing with dd-wrt. I'll
try tomorrow morning when they're sleeping.

2) 0002-Added-connection-state-info-to-rc.d-network.patch
Makes rc.d/network create a file for an interface if it manages to
connect. Useful for scripts.
Also needs the directory /var/run/network/interfaces/ created in the
initscripts PKGBUILD.

(patches are not dependent)

Cheers,

James