[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.26-1 and related module packages

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Jul 23 16:03:25 EDT 2008

Am Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:00:03 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> Thomas Bächler schrieb:
> > Okay, I think I have enough signoffs. Any opinions on dropping
> > wlan-ng26? According to Dan, we still need madwifi, is there an
> > Atheros user here who will fix it (apparently, a recent enough
> > snapshot will compile).
> > IMO, once madwifi and lirc are fixed and I got at least one
> > positive report for catalyst for every architecture, we can move.
> > intel-53{6,7ep} and martian are unmaintained closed-source crap
> > anyway, I won't be held back by those.
> >

> Ah, and if anyone needs configuration changes or patches/bugfixes
> applied: I will rebuild again tonight, because I forgot to enable
> uvcvideo in the configuration, which is quite popular. So write to
> this list (or to arch-general) if you need anything.

report for my notebook:

had to replace ath_pci module from madwifi with ath5k kernel module and
change netcfg2 config for ath0 -> wlan0 change. works well here.

running the catalyst driver works but i get a weird report when the
module gets loaded at bootup: unknown symbol

from dmesg:

fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
fglrx: Unknown symbol flush_tlb_page

-Andy