[arch-dev-public] cleanup testing repo

Tue Jun 17 14:04:19 EDT 2008

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Andreas Radke wrote:

> We should try to clean up testing faster. I want to start the next big
> rebuild session for "db". Before that we should sort out what
> packages can be moved or deleted completely or what holds it back.

I asked dolby to make up lists for a testing repo cleanup that I wanted
to do. I haven't heard from him yet. I guess he was just busy with the
bugtracker. I was very busy as well. I posted a few comments below.

> Here's the current ftp list for i686-testing:
>
> 1.7M Apr  4 23:00 exiv2-0.16-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz

That exiv2 has a soname bump. All packages that needed a rebuilt
(haven't check the bug tracker) are in
testing as well. They've been there for a couple of months.
Neri: Can they be moved to extra?

> 742K Apr  8 02:35 openssh-5.0p1-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

openssh-5.0p1-1 is already in core. this can be removed from testing.

> 118K May  4 18:31 sudo-1.6.9p15-1-i686.pkg.tar.gz

Paul and I forgot to start the signoff thread for it. It's now
out-of-date.

>  52K May 23 20:37 mlocate-0.20-2-i686.pkg.tar.gz

has been signoffed. I asked for status in its signoff thread today.

> mplayer-svn-25449-1

Tom: are you still maintaining it? This is a couple of month old. The
current package in unstable is even older. IMO, it should be removed if
it's not actively maintained anymore. A couple months old svn package is
pointless.

BTW, I was working on a gpm soname bump. The x86_64 packages are ready and
I was planning to move them in testing tonight with the i686 ones to
follow later tonight or tomorrow. At least one of the rebuilt package for
gpm also depends on db. We might not want to mix the 2 soname bump and do
the db rebuild when the gpm one will be removed from testing.  I was
planning to keep the gpm in testing for a week or two to make sure I
didn't miss any packages that needed to be rebuilt and because the rebuilt
mc package will also have major changes/bug fixes.

> Is there something where I can help out?
>
> -Andy

believed to be clean.