[arch-dev-public] On the road to KDE 4.1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat May 31 15:16:06 EDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 22:43:22 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Let's create a kde-repo on top of our testing repo and
> see how we can package it and manage the transition from kde3.

OK, this was quite some work. I have moved the repo to other/kde-testing. This
way it should be found on some mirrors soon.

It's meant to be used in the follwoing order in pacman.conf:
	kde-testing
	testing
	core
	extra
	community

Be warned: this will replace the existing KDE-3 packages by their equivalents
of KDE-4.1. By installing kdelibs3 packages that depend on the old KDE
"should" still work. (After KDE-4.1 is released to extra we "just" have to
update the dependencies of the remaining KDE-3 packages; a rebuilt "should"
not be needed)

In order to not mess up things I have setup a separate git-repo containing all
used PKGBUILDs:
	web: http://git.archlinux.de/cgit.cgi?url=kde-testing/
	git: http://git.archlinux.de/~pierre/kde-testing.git
Feel free to report any suggestions etc.. (by this I mean packaging bugs of
course)

If there is any dev who wants to help building this stuff for i686, please let
me know.

Happy bug-hunting,

Pierre

--