[arch-dev-public] Possible signoff addendum

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:59:51 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Dusty Phillips <buchuki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another alternative:
>
> - Create a web based interface to allow community users to signoff on
> packages. We could have a policy of X number of user signoffs is equal
> to one developer signoff. Developers can be trusted to test it better
> (or not? ;-), but arch members can contribute too. In that case we
> still need some incentive to the end users to bother doing this. There
> aren't a lot of people like dolby and cactus who seem to actually like
> working really hard with as little recognition as possible.

I actually thought about this a while back. It was in terms of "each
package needs 10 points, developer signoffs are 5 points, TU signoffs
are 3 points, user signoffs are one point"

It might be a useful way to find active community members too. If you
could think of a way to creatively implement something like this, I'd
be all for it, assuming other people are.

But yeah, I think you may be right about the "encouraging people not
to sign off at all" part. It would make people lazy.