[arch-dev-public] [Feature Request] add -g option for cp and mv

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:29:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Andrea Scarpino <bash.lnx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't know they. I'll try them, thanks.
>
> btw, I looked comments in the bug report.
> Daenyth have persuaded me to keep the patch out from arch with these words:
>
> "Let's keep things minimal, I'm pretty sure the stated policy is to
> only patch when a major feature is broken, or if it needs patches to
> work with arch, and not to add new features"

The official coreutils should not be patched, but that does not
prevent you from creating an unofficial patched package.
It might be even better be to just build patched cp and mv versions
and install them as a different names to avoid conflicts.

But otherwise, if the generic ways mentioned by Roman work fine, then
this -g option looks pointless.