[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.3.0-3

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:22:01 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Andreas Radke<a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> urgh. after changing stuff on my local mirror i had pointed in
> pacman.conf to the x86_64 mirror :S
>
> fixed now. anyways, a pacman.static could save a lot of time in such
> cases.

2 things here:
1. pacman.static is in the pacman package, so it wouldn't have helped much, no?
2. You were missing vercmp (or the wrong arch), so that didn't work anyway

If someone wants to readd a pacman.static to the pacman package, I
welcome a patch *to the PKGBUILD*, but it doesn't belong in the pacman
code base. And I'm still not convinced it can get you out of a lot of
situations, e.g. a missing glibc still screws you.

-Dan