[arch-dev-public] mailman hiccup

RedShift redshift at pandora.be
Tue Jan 20 03:10:43 EST 2009

Geoffroy Carrier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 06:49, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mailman hater for life,
>> Aaron
>
> Whoever proposes a simple mailing list manager:
> - Simple postfix integration (no -request, -unsubscribe, etc.: one
> line in aliases)
> - So E-mail confirmation through a web link
> - Simple web interface (PHP or WSGI)
> - Some sort of SQL for storage
> - Multiple hostnames support (or better, no real care for hostnames
> except distinction of MLs)
> will get my unconditional love!
>
> I don't care much about archive either.
>
> How hard would that really be?

I've been working on my own mailing list manager, it's completely written in PHP and uses SQL as a backend, but at this point a bit specific to our setup. Because our company is all about open source I intend on releasing it as such. It's in need of an overhaul anyway, I'll get hacking at it again ASAP.

Glenn