[arch-dev-public] [signoff] bash 3.2.048-3, texinfo 4.13a-2, glibc 2.9-3

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 10:58:15 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 08:20, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> So how bad does Arch break by replacing /bin/sh with a link to dash
> instead of bash? Dash has zero deps, so my guess is we could kill just
> about any dep cycle involving bash by doing this. There is going to be
> definite fallout, however, and I haven't tried it in a while.
> -Dan

I don't know how much it would break things, but I do like linking sh
to dash in general. Just change the initscripts to use #!/bin/bash
instead of /bin/sh (Which they should anyway if they don't, as they
use bashisms)

If you make sure all the bash-specific scripts are properly she-banged
it shouldn't matter, since dash as sh should only be needed during an
install (if I understand correctly)

So +1 from me.