[arch-dev-public] boost rebuild

K. Piche kpiche at rogers.com
Mon Jul 13 23:28:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 07:20 +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 July 2009 05:18:50 K. Piche wrote:
> > That was me.  I've tested a good number of the packages and most don't
> > require a rebuild which is odd since in the past it was always a hassle.
> > smc only required a rebuild cause the boost versioned dep had a '=' and
> > not '>='.  I'll finish this up.
>
> Just remove those packages from the list that don't need a rebuild.

Some of the packages boost is really a makedepends cause it has
so-called header-only libraries versus  the binary libraries.  That is,
all the features of a library are available by including the header with
no *.so to link to.  An example would be licq.

> > Also I think we should drop bmpx if no one has objections.  Doesn't work
> > well and hasn't been updated in more than a year.
>
> Sure, why not. This would also include bmp-musepack and bmp-wma which was not
> rebuild since 2005.

Well those packages are for bmp which is also pretty much dead but at
least it works.  They can go to unsupported.

K. Piche <kpiche at rogers.com>