[arch-dev-public] Multiple checksum support

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 12:37:03 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Jan de Groot wrote:
>>
>> Recently the ftp-release-list for ftp.gnome.org has switched over to
>> sha256sums, which means that I can't copy and paste checksums from the
>> mailinglist anymore. I see that makepkg supports sha256 without
>> problems, but when I enter sha256sums=('somesum') into a PKGBUILD
>> without modifying makepkg.conf to use them, makepkg warns about missing
>> checksums.
>> Shouldn't makepkg check for any supported checksum type by default? If
>> sha256sums is defined, it should check them. If sha1sums is defined, it
>> should check them too, etc. This makes more sense than depending only on
>> the INTEGRITY_CHECK variable set in makepkg.conf.
>>

> With pacman-3.3, makepkg will check all provided checksums no matter which
> is defined in INTEGRITY_CHECK.  That is only used for generating the arrays
> with "makepkg -g".
>
> Allan

Btw, what about http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12772 ?
This is still in pacman 3.3 roadmap, but there is nothing left to do
on pacman/makepkg side.

The last step is to decide what should be the default INTEGRITY_CHECK
in makepkg.conf shipped in pacman package, but this is a decision to
be taken by Arch developers, not pacman ones.