[arch-dev-public] building in (clean) chroots

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon May 25 05:16:05 EDT 2009

Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 24. Mai 2009 21:55:56 schrieb Jan de Groot:
>
>> Please build in chroots, and if it's not clean, please namcap your
>> packages before uploading. I see too many differences in packages for
>> i686 and x86_64 because of this.
>>

> namcap is allways a good idea. makechrootpkg still doesn't work, right? Maybe
> we should make its usage as simple as possible.

makechrootpkg works with this patch:
http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=devtools.git;a=commit;h=2269e5c9

Also, with makechrootpkg from git, namcap will be run automatically if
it is installed in the chroot (which makes the chroot less clean, which
I don't like. But that is a complaint for another time...)

Allan