[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev-174-1

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Oct 19 17:59:20 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

A new udev release is in testing. This one has seen lots of changes,
both upstream and in the package. See the install message for the
important packaging changes (essentially just removing arch-specific
stuff).

I'm especially interested in feedback from people who use fusectl and
configfs so we can figure out what regressions (if any) they are
experiencing. We'll probably have to add in some rules again to make
things work as before.

Give it a spin, let me know of any problems. I'll leave this in
[testing] for a while, but please sign off for both arches if it works
for you.

Cheers,

Tom

Upstream release notes (I removed some sections that don't apply to us):

udev 174
========
Bugfixes.

The path_id, usb_id, input_id tools are built-in commands now and
the stand-alone tools do not exist anymore. Static lists of file in
initramfs generators need to be updated. For testing, the commands
can still be executed standalone with 'udevadm test-builtin <cmd>'.

The fusectl filesystem is no longer mounted directly from udev.
Systemd systems will take care of mounting fusectl and configfs
now. Non-systemd systems need to ship their own rule if they
need these filesystems auto-mounted.

The long deprecated keys: SYSFS=, ID=, BUS= have been removed.

The support for 'udevadm trigger --type=failed, and the
RUN{fail_event_on_error} attribute was removed.

The udev control socket is now created in /run/udev/control
and no longer as an abstract namespace one.