[arch-dev-public] draft for new isos

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jul 17 17:41:15 EDT 2012

Hi,

we really need to write a news istem about new isos etc.. Here are some
points we should mention:

* removed aif for now
* looking for aif contributors and/or maintainer (need to ask Dieter if
he likes to guide applicants or never wants to toch aif again -))
* new arch install scripts
* keyring is initialized on bootup; signature verification is enabled
by default. keyring is copied to target system in pacstrap
* need community help with documentation
* only one single iso (for both arches, no core repo included)
* regular (can we agree on monthly here?) releases
* we should mention that the iso itself is signed and that it really
should be verified

Anything I missed? Would anybody like to write up some actual text? :-)

Greetings,

Pierre